Online Roulette for Real Money in Australia 2022
Online roulette occupies one of the main places in the sphere of Internet gambling. Roulette is the one of the games people wish to play in a casino. The sound of a wheel spinning, the charming and hope bringing crackle of a small ball combined with the hidden fate’s dictates, the wide choice of bets and Her Majesty Luck. All this is perfectly combined in online roulette in Australia. It is worthy of note that there is no need in years of practice when you make up your mind to play roulette. Casino will surely provide you with all the necessary information concerning the game, its rules and peculiarities.
It does not depend much on whether you are going to play roulette at a brick and mortar casino with all its luxury and wealth or just decide to play roulette online. In both cases, you will be provided with the highest quality of the games, roulette being not an exception. Anyway, heaps of chips and excitement will guide you through the whole playing time.
The main difference between online casino roulette and real casino roulette is the dealer’s manipulations as that is he who spins the wheel and throws a small ball at a brick and mortar casino. While playing roulette online, all the dealer’s operations will be conducted automatically. The only thing to do is push the Spin button and wait for big winnings. However, some casino providers give players an opportunity to play live roulette. You will see the dealer via a web-camera life image standing at a real casino with a real wheel and real ball.
Best Online Casinos to Play Roulette AUGUST 2022
|1||888 Casino Review||Get up to $1500 welcome package!||$1500||Play now!|
|2||Kings Chance Review||Bonus 100% up to $2500||$2500||Play now!|
|3||Joo Casino Review||Get up to $2500 + 170 FS||$2500||Play now!|
|4||22 Bet Review||100% up to €300||€300||Play now!|
|5||Rich Casino Review||675% uo to $12,000+150 FS||$12,000||Play now!|
|6||Bitstarz Review||20 FS NDP + 100% up to $400||$400||Play now!|
|7||Bob Casino Review||$500 + 140 FS||$500||Play now!|
|8||Maneki Review||get up to $500+ 99 FS||$500||Play now!|
|9||mBit Review||5 BTC on first 3 deposits + 50 FS!||5 BTC||Play now!|
Online roulette rules
Roulette is a very old game, dating back to 17th century France. Players in a brick and mortar casino surround the table to watch the wheel spin. Most live tables can accommodate around eight people at once, and each person wagering is betting against the house. The table is marked with many numbers representing the numbers on a large wheel, and each number has a corresponding color, either red or black.
The wheel has a slot for each number and a metallic ball that floats around the wheel as it spins, landing on one number once it stops. Basic roulette rules state that if your wagered number is what the ball lands on when the wheel has stopped, you are a winner. When playing roulette in an online casino, it is just you and the virtual dealer at the table. There are many nuances to learn regarding wagering options and strategies, but generally you will easily learn how to play roulette.
Three main types of online roulette
In online casinos, you will find three kinds of roulette offered – American, European, and French. There are slight differences between the two styles of this game. In the European version, the wheel has 37 slots that include the numbers 1 through 36, and one zero.
In the American version, a roulette wheel has two zeros (zero and double-zero) rather than one and thus has a total of 38 slots instead of 37.
As for French roulette, it looks much the same as the European roulette version, except that it has a differently designed table with bet names written in French and a couple of unique rules such as La Partage and En Prison. These rules can decrease a house edge to 1.35%, therefore making it the most favorable type of a casino roulette.
Bet types in a roulette game
Game play in roulette starts with the player making a wager by placing their bet or bets on the numbers they think the ball will stop on when the wheel is spun. In online play, typically a button is clicked to indicate that you are finished wagering, and at that time the wheel will spin. The wheel will eventually stop, and the ball will land on the winning number. The way the wager pays out correlates to how you bet, because you can bet directly on one of the numbers or you can bet on groupings of numbers which we will outline below.
Inside bets on a roulette table
Inside bets are bets placed directly on one or more numbers from zero to 36. These bets can include the following (keep in mind that payouts may vary by casino, check your specific casino’s rules):
- Straight up bets: This bet is placed on a single number. These wagers typically pay 35 to 1.
- Split number: This is a bet on two numbers; chips are placed on the line between the two. These wagers usually pay 17 to 1.
- 3 Line: This bet is on 3 numbers as the name implies. Chips are placed on the line to the left of the three numbers (The table layout lines up the number so that they are displayed 3 per row, 12 per column).
- 4 Corner: This is a wager placed on 4 numbers. Chips are placed on the corner falling between the 4 numbers you wish to bet on; the four must be touching each other on the table layout. The payout on this bet is typically 8 to 1.
- 1st Five: This is a bet on the first 5 numbers (1 to 5). The chips are placed on the top left corner of the number 1, and the wager usually pays out 6 to 1 on a double zero table. On a single zero table this is the 1st Four bet on 1,2,3,4 and usually pays 8 to 1.
- 6 Line: This is a wager on 6 numbers. The chips are placed on the inside left corner of the 6 numbers you are betting on, and the payout is typically 5 to 1.
Outside bets and roulette payouts
Outside bets refer to those wagers where the chips are placed outside of the direct square that includes the numbers of the wheel. The outside bets allow a player to choose larger groups of numbers at lower payouts but better roulette odds. Outside bets include the following:
- Column: This wager includes a full column of numbers. The chips are placed in an area outside that column at the bottom, usually marked with the payout of that wager (2 to 1).
- Dozen: This is a wager similar to the column, but grouping of the numbers is different. This bet includes the numbers 1 through 12, 13 through 24, or 25 through 36. The chips are placed in a box to the left of the numbers marked by their titles of 1st 12, 2nd 12, and 3rd 12, and this wager typically pays out 2 to 1.
- Split Columns: Some casinos do not include this wagering option, but in those that do this bet is made by placing chips on the line between the two columns in the outside 2:1 area at the bottom of the numbers. The bet pays out 2:1.
- Split Dozens: Like Split Columns, not all casinos allow this bet. In those that do, the wager is placed by putting chips on the line between the two outside bet areas (the 12’s) that you wish you bet on. The payout is 2:1.
- Even/Odd: A player may choose to wager on all even numbers or all odd numbers. The chips in this case are placed on the outside bet box marked “Even” or “Odd”. The payout on this wager is even money, 1 to 1.
- Red/Black: Similar to Even/Odd, you may wager on only one color or the other. If the ball lands on the color of your choosing, you win even money, 1 to 1. The chips in this wager are placed on the red or black diamond outside the bet box in between the “Even” and “Odd” bet boxes.
- 1-18/19-36: This bet is also called Low/High. The player may choose to bet on all numbers from 1 through 18 or all from 19 through 36. The chips are placed on the corresponding outside bet boxes next to the “Even” and “Odd” bet boxes. If won, this wager typically pays even money.
Online roulette strategies
As any casino game including roulette has a house edge, it is impossible to bust the house on the long run, because the casino will always gain the upper hand over the player. An Australian player who applies any of the winning strategies described on this website would occasionally face a zero sector that is going to ruin all strategy efforts. To find out the best roulette strategies and learn how to win in roulette, scan through BestAuCasinosOnline and study what is available.
Online roulette providers in AU online casinos
Australian players looking for popular roulette providers have a very good menu of globally acknowledged companies such as Pragmatic Play, RTG and Betsoft among others. The rules of all roulette tables are basically the same but their versions may vary across providers. This means every roulette provider comes with a fixed house advantage in European (2.7%) and American (5.26%) roulette, but games themselves may have some additional features, for example, a racetrack, advanced statistics and different chip values. Anyway, an Aussie is recommended to give it a bash and try different game providers available in our recommended online casinos:
|🥇 Most popular roulette:||European Roulette|
|🔥 Best casino to play roulette:||Casino Rocket|
|💵 Best no deposit bonus offer:||Bitstarz|
|💰 Best match bonus offer:||Rich|
RTG online roulette for Australian players
RTG is one of a few roulette providers that welcomes Australians but sadly its lifetime portfolio of roulette games is far from perfection, with only two tables in place, both being fairly dated in terms of graphics and overall performance; nevertheless, RTG European roulette features the same payouts (2.7%) as any normal single-zero roulette. Bet sizes vary between AU$1 and AU$250 per spin. There is a brief guide inside the roulette game that instructs a newbie how to build/remove a bet. Its American version looks identical to the above except that the layout and wheel have two zero boxes.
Betsoft roulette in Australian online casinos
Betsoft has a rich suite of roulette games that many Aussies find appealing and imposing. One of the most alluring games in the Betsoft collection is Common Draw roulette which is based on European rules. The special thing about this title is a shared gaming space for many players. When a player enters this online roulette in Australia, he will see chips appearing on the grid – they are put by other punters who are playing Common Draw roulette concurrently with you.
Another Betsoft game that Australian fans should look out for is Zoom Roulette. This is a single-zero roulette game with a camera zooming onto the portion of the wheel on which the ball has rested. This impressive edition has detailed rules, a table of payouts for all bet types (Straight Up, Split Bet, etc.) and an AU$3–AU$500 table range.
Picking the best online roulette in Australia
While winning odds are identical across the three major roulette versions, they differ in a few aspects, some of which can be important for Aussies:
- Visual design, game stats. Each table actually has a table, wheel, chip selectors and some auxiliary options. Though they function in a similar way, they have different artwork and sound effects. Besides, visible statistics for the last few rounds can be important for choosing on which area to bet (red, black, even, etc.)
- Table limits. There are certain minimum and maximum bets in each table. The player should consult his betting habits and bankroll size before playing roulette for real money. Some online casinos offer VIP roulette for high rollers with steep maximum bets (AU$5000 and higher). Most commonly, the lowest bet is AU$1 per sector.
Online roulette for real money is a true entertainment for genuine connoisseurs of this game. You may pick from three major variations (European, American, French) and make inside and outside bets in any possible combination. Online roulette in Australia enables you to win thousands of dollars due to high payouts (36:1 for Straight Up bets) and many bonus bets that are offered in some games. Table bets are designed to cater to almost everyone, and even high rollers will find a game to suit their big budget.
By Brad Isaac